Firefly Chats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

River. Killer woman who deserves tea and dumplings.

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

River.  Killer woman who deserves tea and dumplings. - Page 2 Empty Re: River. Killer woman who deserves tea and dumplings.

Post  wytchcroft Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:43 pm

Bytemite wrote:Simon sighed and paid the ice planet man.
oh yes! clever, very clever - also funny!

Rise up again like marionettes, hungering.

and creepsome!

kudos eerie-ass Smile Smile
wytchcroft
wytchcroft

Back to top Go down

River.  Killer woman who deserves tea and dumplings. - Page 2 Empty Re: River. Killer woman who deserves tea and dumplings.

Post  wytchcroft Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:45 pm

Bytemite wrote:Some day though I will post something with no internal logic, and over the top planet kicking explosions, and River will be River in name only.

It will happen. We can only just prepare ourselves four that day when all the seven hells open their mouths and sing the song that will end the heavens.

will there be whales in dinner-suits???
wytchcroft
wytchcroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:48 pm

As a villain, demanding that Chainsaw Tam submit herself to unholy matrimony and his bed lust. An offending organ will be removed and then grated, like cheese, and sprinkled over the top of delicious ravioli.

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  wytchcroft Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:50 pm

Bytemite wrote:As a villain, demanding that Chainsaw Tam submit herself to unholy matrimony and his bed lust. An offending organ will be removed and then grated, like cheese, and sprinkled over the top of delicious ravioli.

gah! i can't know that!
wytchcroft
wytchcroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:58 pm

It will be feed to Axpryghiqorunth the great beast of the abyss, who will spawn with the universe hole an endless tide of laser robots, but Chainsaw Tam will rend them until the skies run with oily night and the sparks from the metal set this dimension aflame.

The sun coalesces from the dust, and then the earth.

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  ebfiddler987 Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:08 pm

Creepy and apocalyptic! So, what's next? Razz

ebfiddler987

Back to top Go down

Post  wytchcroft Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:25 pm

Bytemite wrote:It will be feed to Axpryghiqorunth the great beast of the abyss, who will spawn with the universe hole an endless tide of laser robots, but Chainsaw Tam will rend them until the skies run with oily night and the sparks from the metal set this dimension aflame.

The sun coalesces from the dust, and then the earth.
River.  Killer woman who deserves tea and dumplings. - Page 2 Original
wytchcroft
wytchcroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:28 pm

Oh mi gosh yes. Surprised

Where's mincing beast? he'd love to add to this insanity.

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  wytchcroft Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:36 pm

Bytemite wrote:Oh mi gosh yes. Surprised

Where's mincing beast? he'd love to add to this insanity.

do we have the necessary hair lacquer, short skirts, air-brushing skills and digitally enhanced boobage to sustain us???
snort! tongue
wytchcroft
wytchcroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:53 pm

Ugh. Just heard that Joss said at comic con that River is no longer crazy and that he considers it part of her character arc.

So I guess that's the reason Zack has been writing with a focus on River. It's officially been decided that Mal is the false lead/ deuteragonist and that River is the main character. So it's no longer "ensemble cast" but "how awesome can we make River and who are all these OTHER people?"

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  wytchcroft Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:11 am

Bytemite wrote:Ugh. Just heard that Joss said at comic con that River is no longer crazy and that he considers it part of her character arc.

which, we would be sleepy. No
i suppose making River generic will help the darkhorse writers. le sigh.
then again - and more hopefully; define 'crazy', she's still River; with all that entails - in fact she can't use 'crazy' as a cop out excuse (nor can Simon). THAT is a much better way of looking at it and it would be nice if that's what Joss meant.
wytchcroft
wytchcroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:20 am

i suppose making River generic will help the darkhorse writers. le sigh.

You said it. Because fiction is just so starved of supernaturally powerful femme fatal nymphs.

THAT is a much better way of looking at it and it would be nice if that's what Joss meant.

Probably not. That's not an angle that was explored in any of the new comics. So if Joss says she's not crazy, that probably means he's abandoning the moral dilemmas about her vulnerability so she can look cooler and be hooked up with someone for smut purposes.

And the only options left on the ship are Mal and Jayne. Double Ugh. I hope if Joss goes here that River discovers that she's a lesbian instead.

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  wytchcroft Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:29 am

Bytemite wrote:so she can look cooler and be hooked up with someone for smut purposes.

given what Joss has just been saying about the animated Buffy series, i would say not so.

but given the reality of comics and the Jossverse in them - i'm inclined on instinct to agree with you.
wytchcroft
wytchcroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:10 pm

I dunno, even Buffy really got around. For women in that series, I think only Faith outstripped her (snerk).

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  wytchcroft Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:37 pm

Bytemite wrote:I dunno, even Buffy really got around. For women in that series, I think only Faith outstripped her (snerk).

i am a clean living wytch and know nothing of these things. smut, is that the Norwegian nose stuff?
wytchcroft
wytchcroft

Back to top Go down

Post  wytchcroft Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:41 pm

oh no, silly me - that's shlumph!
or is that smurfs... oh dear.
wytchcroft
wytchcroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:51 pm

I think you're thinking of snuff, which in film form is something else entirely that HAPPENS to be too similar for comfort or sanity.

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  wytchcroft Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:24 pm

snort!
eep! too late! i got papa smurf lodged in my nasal membrane already! pale

snuff huh? i'll look for some after the nose surgery.

um, maybe..
wytchcroft
wytchcroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:42 pm

Suddenly picturing a blue coloured demon possessed River.

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  Becky Mears Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Bytemite wrote:Because fiction is just so starved of supernaturally powerful femme fatal nymphs.

HA HA! Very Happy Razz

But Joss Whedon has always been a creepy perv like that.
Becky Mears
Becky Mears

Back to top Go down

Post  Becky Mears Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:08 pm

You two are very funny.
Becky Mears
Becky Mears

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:14 pm

But Joss Whedon has always been a creepy perv like that.

I know. D: He seems to be unable to stay away from the supernatural teenage story, and it pulls him in even when there are other just as interesting stories to explore.

It's like, you know how sometimes on a news broadcast, there will be some girl in a bikini that walks by and the cameraman follows that instead of focusing on the newscaster? That's Joss, only with underaged skirts and high kick martial arts.

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  Becky Mears Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:20 pm

I hated the poster for Serenity. That ridiculous sort of one-sided splits position, with the rythmic gymnast accessory weapons held aloft.

It's a shame if Joss thinks it's about River, because I don't think anyone else does.
Becky Mears
Becky Mears

Back to top Go down

Post  wytchcroft Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:27 pm

Becky Mears wrote:I hated the poster for Serenity. That ridiculous sort of one-sided splits position, with the rythmic gymnast accessory weapons held aloft.

It's a shame if Joss thinks it's about River, because I don't think anyone else does.

to be fair, we have no evidence that he does; the River of the comics is not too much that way (as yet) and the Universal poster took a heavy drubbing.
given the reception that Suckerpunch (film) received; i doubt he will go there so blatantly.
or i could be wrong and Xander's dream will last a lifetime.
wytchcroft
wytchcroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:05 pm

In It's Never Easy River has to save Mal because he forgets how to fight back against a guy who can't even aim a gun and admits as much.

She's already pretty much overshadowing everyone left and right whenever she appears.

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next