Firefly Chats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Currently Reading

4 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Currently Reading Empty Currently Reading

Post  Bytemite Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:28 pm

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Currently Reading Empty Re: Currently Reading

Post  ebfiddler987 Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:25 pm

Oh, good story! What a nice one. M/I fluff, but serious, too. Very Happy

ebfiddler987

Back to top Go down

Post  ebfiddler987 Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:29 pm

And on that note, here's another short one I read recently...just absolutely cracked me up.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2637608/1/

ebfiddler987

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:01 pm

I'll check it out when I get home.

I tried to read one of cliosmuse's chapters, which was a random story at the top of fireflyfans, but the links to her stories seem to be broken after the move.

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:14 pm

EDIT: It is disappointing that a number of amusing stories with clever dialogue inevitably become River/Jayne.

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  ebfiddler987 Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:17 pm

Bytemite wrote:It is disappointing that a number of amusing stories with clever dialogue inevitably become River/Jayne.
Did you have a particular one in mind? I have a favorite that fits that description, "Two Gorram Days" by Dyce. It's hilarious and very well done, but unfortunately it leads to a series of Rayne stories that eventually I couldn't stomach anymore. However, it's safe to read as a stand-alone, because the Rayne-storm doesn't begin until somewhere in the next story.

ebfiddler987

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:22 am

It was a story that I linked to from fireflyfans but as i read further even in that chapter... Rayne. Sad Um... something about sixice, I think that was the author, that's all I remember.

Oh hah, I read that breaking with tradtion story. That's fun. I kinda doubt that they'll ever sing Mal as a hero unless it's in zorro-esque ballads.

there was another one I read where the revelers turned out to be friendlies. Drinking with Indy soldiers sure is a lot healthier a habit than fist fights with purple bellies.

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:00 pm

ebfiddler987 wrote:
Bytemite wrote:It is disappointing that a number of amusing stories with clever dialogue inevitably become River/Jayne.
Did you have a particular one in mind? I have a favorite that fits that description, "Two Gorram Days" by Dyce. It's hilarious and very well done, but unfortunately it leads to a series of Rayne stories that eventually I couldn't stomach anymore. However, it's safe to read as a stand-alone, because the Rayne-storm doesn't begin until somewhere in the next story.

The one I was reading was "Small Moments" by icebreather. I was enjoying it, then whoops Rayne. It was a link from the random snippit box on Fireflyfans, so I didn't know what I was getting into.

Eh, I guess I might as well link.

http://www.fireflyfans.net/bluesunlist.aspx?c=fiction&u=icebreather

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:36 pm

This is a fun one. Good take on Inara first sees Serenity.

http://www.fireflyfans.net/bluesun.aspx?bid=8830

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:09 am

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  ebfiddler987 Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:08 pm

Bytemite wrote:This is a fun one. Good take on Inara first sees Serenity.

http://www.fireflyfans.net/bluesun.aspx?bid=8830
Yeah, read this one. Not bad, although I did see a couple of details that seemed out of place. Maybe it's just because my headcanon Mal/Inara is so strong (ie prejudiced) that I have trouble looking at someone else's. I'm not even sure anymore if the details that are bugging me are bugging me because they're inconsistent with canon, or because they're inconsistent with my headcanon! Surprised Still, I liked that little fic.

ebfiddler987

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:14 pm

Well, in fairness to your headcanon I suspect that they wouldn't be so much with the blushing when they first met, and also they would already have an idea who they're dealing with and what they're getting into rather than this surprise Inara visit. Both are more practical than that and Mal at least would expect someone who has business with him to wave first, and I'm sure Inara would know the drill on that herself as it's just good manners.

All the same, I liked Jayne and Mal playing a game, and then both vying for Inara's attention, and Jayne getting shot down. There's also a neat call-forward in there to Mal's reaction to learning they have a shepherd on board in the pilot episode.

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:19 pm

And now I'm curious to know, what is your headcanon? And also, I once wrote a take on this particular sequence of events myself.

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  ebfiddler987 Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:44 pm

I liked this one:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8614692/1/Find-Someone
Short fic with good characterization and voices for Wash and Zoe. Makes a point about Mal that I've made central to the characterization of Mal in my fic, but encapsulates it well and expresses it nicely.

ebfiddler987

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:06 pm

Oh I've been reading both of the fics by that author, I favourited the other one because I really get it. But the Zoe and Wash voice on that one is really fantastic. I was actually thinking of putting this on the currently reading thread myself.

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:05 pm

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:45 pm

This is a good story so far, rated M but I don't see anything particularly gross.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8655130/1/Nameless

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:42 am

Story came up randomly on the fireflyfans random story link. Really nice AU, I've made indirect references here and there to it in Eidolon, like whenever Mal imagines Inara being a nurse for him back in the war, this is what I'm thinking of.

http://www.fireflyfans.net/bluesun.aspx?bid=16970

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  ebfiddler987 Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:29 pm

This one made me laugh, and laugh, and laugh!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3166913/7/Jayne-Eyre
Jayne Cobb in the role of Jane Eyre, in a ridiculous fic paralleling the novel, with Jayne having a side dialog with the narrator. My husband asked me what I was laughing at, and it was minutes before I could stop laughing long enough to explain. OMG Laughing

ebfiddler987

Back to top Go down

Post  ebfiddler987 Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:53 pm

Bytemite wrote:Story came up randomly on the fireflyfans random story link. Really nice AU, I've made indirect references here and there to it in Eidolon, like whenever Mal imagines Inara being a nurse for him back in the war, this is what I'm thinking of.

http://www.fireflyfans.net/bluesun.aspx?bid=16970

I'm really glad you posted this link here. I read that one some time ago, and really, really, liked it; and then couldn't find it again. It's a terrific AU, captures the spirit of Mal and Inara very well.

ebfiddler987

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:04 pm

It is some REALLY pretty tragedy. I think some of the best descriptions are in the tragic stories. But the AU premise is also good even if you don't read all the way to the last section (but why not? It's heartwrenching in a good way).

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:05 pm

Jayne Cobb in the role of Jane Eyre, in a ridiculous fic paralleling the novel, with Jayne having a side dialog with the narrator. My husband asked me what I was laughing at, and it was minutes before I could stop laughing long enough to explain.

EVEN THE SUMMARY. It's already funny and I've only read one line!

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:19 pm

"This is plum stupid, you know that, right?"

Yes, yes, it is. However, we are moving along anyway, for I personally am a fan of ludicrous situations, and this ranks up there with making Mal do the Sound of Music in the role of Maria. Okay?

...Yes please.

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:07 pm

Just some fluff.

http://www.fireflyfans.net/bluesun.aspx?bid=7746

I was also reading this, kinda jumped in the middle, looks like a story about bringing Wash back. Formatting issues from the board change over, also some spelling and grammar, but there's some little things I think I like.

http://www.fireflyfans.net/bluesun.aspx?bid=6230

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  ebfiddler987 Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:13 pm

Bytemite wrote:
I personally am a fan of ludicrous situations, and this ranks up there with making Mal do the Sound of Music in the role of Maria. Okay?

...Yes please.
I think it needs to be done. Very Happy Maybe you and I can collaborate on it, Bytemite, when we're done with the other project. Razz

ebfiddler987

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum