Firefly Chats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Observations from Material

2 posters

Go down

Observations from Material Empty Observations from Material

Post  Bytemite Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:09 pm

Hmm. Sometimes I think Joss and company might be trying to tell us something.

from Crystal: "Wash looked over the flight yoke, into the familiar black of space. The dash was void of dinosaurs, making it easy. You put dinosaurs up there - /one time/ - and it was all anyone wanted to talk about. It was much the same with flowered shirts..."

Perhaps... oversimplification of the character. I know that maybe I've done it.

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Observations from Material Empty Re: Observations from Material

Post  ebfiddler987 Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:45 am

Bytemite wrote:from Crystal: "You put dinosaurs up there - /one time/ - and it was all anyone wanted to talk about. It was much the same with flowered shirts..."

Perhaps... oversimplification of the character. I know that maybe I've done it.

Perhaps. Although I do believe the show's original writers, costumers and set dressers would have to plead guilty as well. Because Wash's dinosaurs *definitely* made more than one appearance...in the pilot and in the movie, at the very least. Also, Wash wore loud shirts in more than one episode, although I couldn't name the specific instances without watching the episodes again. They might not have all been flowered Hawaiian shirts. Wink

It's a judgment call...how much of that is over-simplification of character -- and how much of it *is* the character?

ebfiddler987

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:15 pm

Maybe Wash himself doesn't realize how often he dresses in crazy shirts or maybe seems a little bit childish or clownish to people. Maybe to a degree Wash takes himself more seriously than others do - although he knows he's a funny guy too.

I mean in Float Out Wash tries to talk to his disgruntled friend using a T-rex, if I recall.

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum