Firefly Chats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Much Ado About Nothing

3 posters

Go down

Much Ado About Nothing Empty Much Ado About Nothing

Post  2x2 Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:39 am

I know it's not Firefly or Serenity, but I was fortunate enough to attend the world wide premier of Much Ado About Nothing at the Toronto Film Festival last week, and thought I'd share Smile

First off, the film was absolutely delightful Smile I didn't go in with many expectations - I'm not really a huge fan of modernized Shakespeare normally, but this was done almost word for word from the play, and the modern setting was used well (Joss has an amazing house, I'll say that much!) The black and white worked really well, and made for some lovely shots and a really nice feel to the film.

I was quite pleasantly surprised by the comedic ability of both Alexis Denisof and Amy Acker; their timing and physical performances were perfect and very funny! And Nathan and Tom Lenk as Dogberry and Verges were just hilarious! They played off each other exceptionally well, with Nathan's Hammer-esque flair to Tom's straight man.

All in all I was quite taken with the film, and am very happy that it's been picked up by Lionsgate for distribution, which means more people will get to see it and there will probably be a DVD release Smile

Also awesome about going to the Premier screening was that Joss and the Entire Cast were all there, and I was about 10 feet away from everyone while they were up on stage for a quick Q&A Very Happy No real chance for autographs or anything - those of us who were in the ticket holder's line were stuck about 20 feet back from the door when the stars all arrived, but Joss and Nathan got out of their cars a ways down the road and walked past us all down the middle of Yonge street, so that was a treat Smile

Joss talked about his love of Shakespeare, and how so much of who he is has been influenced by Shakespeare's work. Apparently he and his wife regularly invite friends over to do afternoon readings of Shakespeare at their home and Much Ado grew out of that Smile

Nathan was very low key, which I think was entirely on purpose so that he didn't overshadow Alexis and Amy as the stars of the film (which he totally could have, with the way his fans are, as I'm sure you know) which I think is part of the reason why he got out of his car farther down the street, so that Alexis and Amy could have their moment in the sun when they got out at the red carpet, and why he left immediately afterward, so that his fans weren't swarming him for autographs instead of Alexis and Amy. Pretty class act, really.

And I must say, though I haven't ever really gotten the feeling from seeing him on-screen, in person, Alexis Denisof is smokin' sexy! There is just something about him, in person, that makes him extremely attractive. So that was nice, too! Wink

2x2

Back to top Go down

Much Ado About Nothing Empty Re: Much Ado About Nothing

Post  Bytemite Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:30 pm

Oh sorry, I hadn't noticed these other posts because the one was at the top.

>but this was done almost word for word from the play, and the modern setting was used well (Joss has an amazing house, I'll say that much!)

This one time, I went to what was basically Macbeth in WW2... Maybe shakespearian people in modern plays are deliberately being ironic?

> Nathan's Hammer-esque flair

Nathan WOULD make an awesome dogberry.

>Nathan was very low key, which I think was entirely on purpose so that he didn't overshadow Alexis and Amy as the stars of the film

He's just a sweet guy. And secure enough in himself that he doesn't have to spotlight hog. And a bit of a goof - I think only Alan outgoofs him in the power trio Adam, Alan, and Nathan have going.

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  ebfiddler987 Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:58 pm

Wow, lucky you, 2x2! I'm looking forward to seeing Much Ado, but I'll have to wait 'til it comes to a theater near me. I knew Nathan would make an awesome Dogberry.

ebfiddler987

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:10 pm

Lionsgate is an interesting choice, I think they do a lot of indy movies.

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum