Firefly Chats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brit-speak...please advise

2 posters

Go down

Brit-speak...please advise Empty Brit-speak...please advise

Post  ebfiddler987 Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:41 pm

Help! One of my OC's has rather unaccountably turned out to speak some variety of British (rather than American, or Jossian) English, and I find myself wishing I had a bit of help from a native speaker, to make his lines of dialog ring true. He's kind of a thug, and works as an enforcer for some not-so-legitimate business enterprises on Beaumonde. Is anyone out there willing and able to help me out with this problem? I have some specific phrases I need rendered in language appropriate for a British thug. confused

ebfiddler987

Back to top Go down

Brit-speak...please advise Empty Re: Brit-speak...please advise

Post  Bytemite Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:51 pm

Well, shoot. Aliasse is British, but I'm not sure she knows any British thug-speak. Although some of the local teens she has to put up with might bring the proper perspective.

Your best bet is probably southender slang and accent? That's kinda what Badger speaks, I think. Or you could do an eastender and toss in some of that rhyming slang. You ever seen Ocean's 11? The black tech wizard guy speaks in rhyming slang.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhyming_slang

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum