Firefly Chats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nathan and Reddit

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nathan and Reddit - Page 2 Empty Re: Nathan and Reddit

Post  Bytemite Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:10 am

ebfiddler987 wrote:
Bytemite wrote:People write Castle/Firefly cross overs with Kate Beckett replacing Inara as the love interest. Yeah...
Yeah, I don't get that. scratch I do sometimes read Castle/Firefly crossovers, just because they are (or can be) ridiculously funny, but it's not really a genre I can take very seriously. And the love interest thing--well, Mal would always choose Inara over Kate Beckett. And Castle would always choose Beckett over Inara. They aren't the same person, they just look a lot alike. And Nathan Fillion happens to look a lot like both of them! Wink

Absolutely. Not sure why people always want to conflate them. Seems to be part of the greater overall trend of disapproval for Inara, she's always getting replaced, never the other way around.

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  ebfiddler987 Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:30 am

Bytemite wrote:Seems to be part of the greater overall trend of disapproval for Inara, she's always getting replaced, never the other way around.
No one can ever replace Inara, and I will write the stories to prove it!

ebfiddler987

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:09 pm

They miss the nuances and the reasons why her character is there. Which is why they replace her with thematically inappropriate characters, or characters that aren't balanced for the setting. This gets rid of the things they disapprove of, which consist of Inara in her entirety, and so they are then subsequently happy.

No matter HOW unsuitable her replacement character is for filling in the missing and vacated role.

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum