Firefly Chats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to figure out how this thing works

5 posters

Go down

Trying to figure out how this thing works Empty Trying to figure out how this thing works

Post  Charlie Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:10 am

Let me know about problems encountered and I'll try to fix. If I can, that is. study

Charlie
Admin

http://charlie-bz.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Trying to figure out how this thing works Empty Re: Trying to figure out how this thing works

Post  Bytemite Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:23 pm

And *I* will help by not attempting to tear out pages of the phpBB script user manual to chew on them, or make origami out of them, or by making superfluous posts on the official boards that aren't about actual problems, bugs, or glitches.

*Attacked by flying user's manual*

You see! It's a good thing I established these ground rules, or retaliation would be in order!

Last edited by Bytemite on Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Trying to figure out how this thing works Empty Re: Trying to figure out how this thing works

Post  Charlie Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:34 pm

You lost me at "phpBB scrip"!! Very Happy

Seriously though, any input that would make this thing better is definitely welcomed. I really like a place where we can discuss Firefly stuff without worrying about trolls and what not.

I'm happy to put my Firefly hat back on.

P.S. Howdy, Byte!

Charlie
Admin

http://charlie-bz.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  wytchcroft Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:13 am

charlie can we have a character section for the B-listers; Monty, Badger, Saff/Bridge etc. ? i know some fic writers have developed these in their own verse.

and i do love Monty so. Smile
wytchcroft
wytchcroft

Back to top Go down

Post  gilliebeans Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:53 am

Fantastic idea! I have a whole Monty lifestory headcanon Smile

gilliebeans

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:39 am

I'd like to hear more about that myself. The Wedding Story was a good one.

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  wytchcroft Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:24 am

gilliebeans wrote:Fantastic idea! I have a whole Monty lifestory headcanon Smile

oh this i want to read! Very Happy
wytchcroft
wytchcroft

Back to top Go down

Post  ebfiddler987 Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:10 am

I second the motion! I want to hear Monty's backstory, GB! Smile

ebfiddler987

Back to top Go down

Post  wytchcroft Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:45 pm

ebfiddler987 wrote:I second the motion! I want to hear Monty's backstory, GB! Smile

and i'm still hoping you'll post some fic here too yourself EB...
wytchcroft
wytchcroft

Back to top Go down

Post  wytchcroft Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:23 pm

Charlie wrote:Let me know about problems encountered and I'll try to fix. If I can, that is. study
where the hell IS everybody???
wytchcroft
wytchcroft

Back to top Go down

Post  ebfiddler987 Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:07 pm

I'm still on vacation, wytchcroft, in rural Canada...internet access here is a bit of a problem (can't get it at the house where we're staying; have to get in a car and drive to a public access site. The public access site is closed for the summer, but it turns out you can still get access by appointment (ha!), or you can drive to the nearest town (40 minutes, unless you're unlucky and have to wait for the ferry) and if the library is open (five afternoons a week) then you can go there for internet access, unless their wifi is down (which it was one time when I wanted to post. arrrgh.) I think I need to close that first parenthesis. So here it is: ) Anyway, that's my sob story about why I haven't been very active here. I don't know where everybody else is! Question

ebfiddler987

Back to top Go down

Post  wytchcroft Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:22 pm

ebfiddler987 wrote:I'm still on vacation, wytchcroft, in rural Canada.....

Anyway, that's my sob story about why I haven't been very active here. I don't know where everybody else is! Question

ah, i can't begrudge a vacation Smile
and those kinds of issues are often true for me; i live in uk ruralness. i just (selfishly?) miss the dialogues up here - and i was loooking forward to more of your chapters - and Gillie's and Becky's (and Charlie's. eva. Rolling Eyes ) was worried i'd scared everyone away!
good to get an update,
happy trails!
wytchcroft
wytchcroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:44 pm

Becky is in Turkey. I anticipate some astounding ideas from her when she returns.

Unfortunately I'm not sure about GR or Charlie.

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  ebfiddler987 Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:29 am

wytchcroft wrote:i was loooking forward to more of your chapters - and Gillie's and Becky's (and Charlie's. eva. Rolling Eyes ) was worried i'd scared everyone away!

I've been posting at Fireflyfans and at Fanfiction.net. I don't usually write one-shots; most of what I write is "episodes" of a long-running story line. Does it make sense to post that here?

ebfiddler987

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:50 am

Why not? When I posted a chapter from Eidolon asking for feedback and also asked if I should post the other chapters for context, Wytch said okay. So I am.

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  wytchcroft Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:25 pm

ebfiddler987 wrote:
wytchcroft wrote:i was loooking forward to more of your chapters - and Gillie's and Becky's (and Charlie's. eva. Rolling Eyes ) was worried i'd scared everyone away!

I've been posting at Fireflyfans and at Fanfiction.net. I don't usually write one-shots; most of what I write is "episodes" of a long-running story line. Does it make sense to post that here?

heck yes! Smile

Bytemite wrote:Why not? When I posted a chapter from Eidolon asking for feedback and also asked if I should post the other chapters for context, Wytch said okay. So I am.

and i'm pretty gorram happy about it!
wytchcroft
wytchcroft

Back to top Go down

Post  ebfiddler987 Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:34 pm

wytchcroft wrote:heck yes! Smile

Well, okay. Jump right into the middle with the current chapter, or start from the beginning?

ebfiddler987

Back to top Go down

Post  wytchcroft Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:07 pm

ebfiddler987 wrote:
wytchcroft wrote:heck yes! Smile

Well, okay. Jump right into the middle with the current chapter, or start from the beginning?

fab! well, i'm happy to start at the start but if that means tedious amounts of posting for you, how about the middle and just add a "Previously on..."
wytchcroft
wytchcroft

Back to top Go down

Post  ebfiddler987 Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:36 pm

I'll start from the beginning, I think, since "previously" would mean I'd have to write summaries! tongue

ebfiddler987

Back to top Go down

Post  wytchcroft Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:36 am

ebfiddler987 wrote:I'll start from the beginning, I think, since "previously" would mean I'd have to write summaries! tongue

lol!
wytchcroft
wytchcroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:12 am

Oh man. Have you guys read my summaries? At one point they were so bad I just gave up on them and started doing little one word chapter titles. Which are still pretty bad.

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  ebfiddler987 Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:29 am

Summaries and chapter titles both -- so hard to write! I have a hard enough time coming up with a title for the whole gorram story. If I had to title each chapter, I'd probably still be stuck on the first one. Anyone who can come up with brief, eloquent, descriptive chapter titles on a regular basis has my great respect.

ebfiddler987

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:47 am

I guess we could always stoop to a flurry of puns, but Joss liked to give his titles just a little more dignity than that.

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down