Firefly Chats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wash. Sometimes I forget he exists.

5 posters

Go down

Wash.  Sometimes I forget he exists. Empty Wash. Sometimes I forget he exists.

Post  Charlie Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:49 pm

Crying or Very sad

What nuances do you see in Wash that aren't apparent? He's got to be more than just comic relief, right?

Charlie
Admin

http://charlie-bz.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Wash.  Sometimes I forget he exists. Empty Re: Wash. Sometimes I forget he exists.

Post  Bytemite Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:59 pm

Man. I don't know. He's a voice of reason and also often Joss' mouthpiece...

Surprised Could it be?

God Was My Co-Pilot: A specific type of The Reveal that deals with God or a similar powerful figure and shows them to have been with the protagonists just about from the beginning.

Although Inara is probably the more likely candidate for that one.

I've seen a few interesting stories where Wash was always the Alliance mole, not Book.

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Wash.  Sometimes I forget he exists. Empty Re: Wash. Sometimes I forget he exists.

Post  Charlie Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:05 pm

I think had the show continued, Wash would have been in for some trying times. I think he was set up to be the happy go lucky Xander but then awful stuff happens and he becomes a shell of what he was. Or is that Simon that's supposed to happen to? Wink

While I don't think there was a meaty backstory to Wash - he's an everyman type of guy - his forward story would definitely have some meat to it.

Charlie
Admin

http://charlie-bz.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Becky Mears Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:28 pm

I've said this before, but I think it was downright wrong that, in the episodes that remained, Wash seemed to be all 'whistle whistle la dee dar' about having been nearly brutally tortured to death. That HAD to come back in some way??
Becky Mears
Becky Mears

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:42 pm

Yeah, even Mal seemed to get a little skittish about working for a while, which we saw in Trash, so that's kind of weird that Wash wasn't as affected as Mal.

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  ebfiddler987 Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:32 pm

Oh, I think if the story had been properly continued we might have seen some serious consequences for Wash in the aftermath of Niska's treatment.

I would have liked to have seen much more exploration of the Mal-Zoe-Wash triangle, because even though I don't believe anything was going on between Mal and Zoe as in man-woman, Wash still could have reason to be jealous of their very close symbiotic relationship.

ebfiddler987

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:42 pm

True - I think that Wash saw better than anyone how maybe Mal and Zoe used each other as crutches, but that it was also kind of keeping them in the war and the stress and frustration and fear. They're good friends, but they kinda need some time to build their lives apart a little bit, so that they can move on towards the future.

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  wytchcroft Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:42 am

i always saw Wash as a reformed gonzo-journalist/coke head/chopper pilot finding Serenity in 1975 Saigon.
wytchcroft
wytchcroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Bytemite Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:10 pm

Could Wash have also had people after him, like for something he stole or revenge or something? And they might go after Zoe now?

Bytemite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down